Form and Fiber Inc.
PRECAST CONCRETE PLANTER POTS & CONCRETE BENCHES:
Form and Fiber Inc. offers a 2-year limited warranty on our concrete planter pots and concrete benches, to be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use from the date of delivery to your project.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Surface marring caused by failure to remove steel shipping straps and/or protective plastic wrapping in a timely manner. If left on for extended period, including exposure to climatic heat, rain, etc., the surface finish of concrete planters will be greatly affected.
2. Damage incurred from dropping of units during installation, causing chipping and/or fracturing.
3. Damage that occurs as the result of impact, act of vandalism, or natural disaster, including hail and/or severe weather damage.
4. Cracking and fracturing caused by an improper base, settlement, or relocation movement.
5. Cracking and fracturing caused by use of expansive soil in planters. Light weight planter pot soil should be used to avoid stress incurred as soils retain moisture and experience freeze/thaw cycles.
6. Damage incurred from drilling/boring into concrete product wall and/or base.
7. Surface damage from use of chemicals and power washers.
8. Damage caused by obstruction of the planter drainage hole. Improperly drained planters prior to freeze/thaw cycles can lead to fracturing of planter pot.
9. Natural weathering, including patina development from environment exposure; naturally aging the exterior of the concrete product.
10. Appearance of non-structural hairline cracks.
11. Damage caused by excessive moisture and/or watering, causing seepage or weeping of moisture through hairline cracks.
12. Planters used as water features.
13. Interior planters with irrigation/drainage systems installed, other than manual watering.
14. Modification of the finish or to the existing surface, including affixing of id or memory of plates.
15. Damage incurred to edges of concrete products from contractor installation, including use of pry bars, hand tools, and unprotected equipment that directly interacts and/or impacts concrete surfaces and edges.
16. Damage incurred to edges of concrete benches from skateboard impact and/or similar activities.
17. Concrete Benches are not designed to take impact to edges from skateboards or rollerblades. Form and Fiber does not warranty benches against such types of impact nor the application of protective edge guards which can also fracture bench edges if not applied correctly.
18. Exterior concrete planter units cast with no drainage holes are not warrantied. In climates that experience freeze/thaw events, the structural integrity of such units are compromised if there is no relief for excess moisture within the concrete unit, which can cause fracturing. Units are not water proof.
19. In the event the Purchaser demands a “rush” delivery and the Manufacturer releases a concrete unit or units PRIOR TO BEING CURED, the Manufacturer warranty becomes limited and will void all total replacement remedies should damage or wall fracturing occur after delivery. The warranty will only cover “patching” of such failures whereas the Manufacturer will provide the Purchaser with a patch kit for onsite patching application. Once an early release unit has a claim filed for fracturing and Manufacturer provides patching kit, the remaining limited warranty ceases and such units are therefore considered unwarrantied thereafter.
Concrete is a naturally porous material that is not water proof. Form and Fiber makes no claims, nor does it warranty that the concrete products it produces are water proof or water tight. Products produced have a natural surface finish that includes pitting on the surface and under the stress of excessive pressure or moisture content, water will migrate into this porous surface causing damage not warrantied by Form and Fiber.
This warranty does not cover claims for items that have been subject to damage that occurs as the result of impact, mishandling, misuse, neglect, accident, act of vandalism, or natural disaster, or that have been modified or altered, or items that have been subject to maintenance practices other than those specified herein.
All concrete planter products are not warrantied for tree planting. Root systems can fracture concrete walls and caution must be taken as well as acknowledgment for no warranty when using Form and Fiber concrete planters for trees.
It is the Project Designer and/or Project Owner’s responsibility for proper placement of Concrete products within the built environment, which includes responsibility for understanding the nature of the product material purchased. Form and Fiber, Inc. is not responsible for any consequential damages incurred from the Purchaser’s and/or Project Owner’s lack of product understanding and/or responsibility for installation. In the case that a product is to be replaced due to Manufacturer defect or failure, Form and Fiber, Inc. will replace product according to terms of Warranty specified herein, and is not responsible for any consequential damages incurred by replacement of product, beyond warrantied product itself.
This warranty does not cover naturally occurring changes in concrete surfaces due to the environment.
1. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to review all units shipped at time of delivery and off-loading. Any damage should be reported at that time to the freight carrier. All freight damage claims are handled between Purchaser and Freight Carrier. Form and Fiber will not file claims on the Purchaser’s behalf, nor mediate or manage the freight claims process.
2. Photos of damaged products must be taken while the object is still attached to the pallet in order to be considered as valid evidence of mishandling by the freight carrier and Purchaser is required to provide photographs with freight claim for damage.
3. All warranty claims should be handled with a Form and Fiber Representative, directly. Warranty claims will require proper documentation including the original invoice.
4. Upon review of the warranty claim filed by Purchaser, it will be at Form and Fiber’s discretion to either fix the existing defective product, replace the existing defective product or offer a refund on the product less any freight, packaging, and up-charge fees.