CARBON & CORTEN STEEL PRODUCTS
Form and Fiber Inc.
CARBON & CORTEN STEEL PLANTER POTS, FRAMES, FUSED BOXES, AND MISC. CUSTOM PRODUCTS:
Form and Fiber Inc. offers a 2-year limited warranty on our powder coated finish and a 3-year limited warranty on the steel structure itself. Structure warranty is to be free from defects in workmanship and materials under normal use and all warranties are from the date of delivery to your project. All Form and Fiber warranties are provided to the original purchaser and are non-transferable.
THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER THE FOLLOWING:
1. Surface marring caused by failure to remove steel shipping straps and/or protective plastic wrapping in a timely manner. If left on for extended period, including exposure to climatic heat, rain, etc., the surface finish of steel products will be greatly affected.
2. Damage caused to subsurface or surrounding pavement areas caused by leaching of Cor-Ten steel as it naturally finishes oxidation.
3. Damage incurred from dropping of units during installation, causing chipping or scratching of powder coat finish and/or denting of steel units.
4. Damage incurred from dropping of products during installation, causing scratching and/or denting.
5. Damage that occurs as the result of impact, act of vandalism, or natural disaster.
6. Damage caused by improperly lifting/moving of unit.
7. Damage that occurs as a result of modifications, or from other parts/systems integrated into planters, (not manufactured by Form and Fiber), including irrigation and drainage installation, piping systems, and any damages resulting from such systems.
8. Warping caused by use of expansive soil in steel products. Light weight planting soil should be used to avoid stress incurred as soils retain moisture and experience freeze/thaw cycles.
9. Damage incurred from drilling/boring into product wall and/or base.
10. Surface damage from use of chemical cleaners or abrasive cleaning tools.
11. Natural weathering, including patina development from environment exposure; naturally aging the exterior of the Cor-Ten steel product.
12. Metal indentions or warping caused by excessive weight placed upon product.
13. Steel products used as water features.
14. Interior planters with irrigation/drainage systems installed, other than manual watering.
This warranty does not cover claims for items that have been subject to damage that occurs as the result of impact, mishandling, misuse, neglect, accident, act of vandalism, or natural disaster, or that have been modified or altered, or items that have been subject to maintenance practices other than those specified herein.
It is the Project Designer and/or Project Owner’s responsibility for proper placement of both Carbon steel and Cort-Ten steel products within the built environment, which includes responsibility for understanding the nature of the product material purchased and potential effects on adjacent surfaces and surrounding elements. Form and Fiber, Inc. is not responsible for any consequential damages incurred from the Purchaser’s and/or Project Owner’s lack of product understanding and/or responsibility for installation. In the case that a product is to be replaced due to Manufacturer defect or failure, Form and Fiber, Inc. will replace product according to terms of Warranty specified herein, and is not responsible for any consequential damages incurred by replacement of product, beyond warrantied product itself.
This warranty does not cover naturally occurring changes in Cor-Ten steel surfaces due to the environment.
1. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to review all units shipped at time of delivery and off-loading. Any damage should be reported at that time to the freight carrier. All freight damage claims are handled between Purchaser and Freight Carrier. Form and Fiber will not file claims on the Purchaser’s behalf, nor mediate or manage the freight claims process.
2. Photos of damaged products must be taken while the object is still attached to the pallet in order to be considered as valid evidence of mishandling by the freight carrier and Purchaser is required to provide photographs with freight claim for damage.
3. All warranty claims should be handled with a Form and Fiber Representative, directly. Warranty claims will require proper documentation including the original invoice.
4. Upon review of the warranty claim filed by Purchaser, it will be at Form and Fiber’s discretion to either fix the existing defective product, replace the existing defective product or offer a refund on the product less any freight, packaging, and up-charge fees.